Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Right hand wedding rings

After having my wedding ring redone and turned into a right hand ring.

I did some research on WHY a right handed wedding ring symbolizes widowed, it's just generations of tradition.

Some countries wear their wedding rings on their right hand.

I starting thinking, IF I get remarried, would I wear my wedding ring from S. on my right hand, with my new set from the new hubby on my left hand?

The answer - Yes.

It represents a part of who I am. Not part of who I WAS.
I am a widow.

And eventually a wife (again).

Losing S. will always be with me.
For someone to love me, they have to have room in their heart for S. as well.
Just because I get remarried, doesn't mean my life with S. disappears.

I decided today, that when I get remarried... My wedding ring will stay on my right hand.
If the guy isn't comfortable with it, then he isn't allowing enough room in his heart to love S.. which is a deal breaker for me.

Here's a picture of my new ring

1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful! I love it! I totally agree and think
    You should wear it and completely agree that a new guy should not have any problem with it and have the heart to love Seth and accept that it will always be a part of you. My sister in law seems to find guys that don't want to accept the fact that my brother will always still be a part of her life even though he is gone. Plus they don't want to accept that my brothers daughter and our family will always be a part of my sister in laws life too. They don't want anything to do with us. Why do the good guys have to die and leave such wonderful women to have to look for another great guy?? Still doesnt make sense to me or seem fair.

    ReplyDelete