Thursday, June 14, 2012

Weak or Bravery


A post got me thinking about this.

Do you consider suicide cowardly, selfish and weak OR something that requires A LOT of courage, faith and bravery?

Having gone through a very suicidal point in my life, I would have to say it's courage and bravery. As much as I wanted to die, I don't have the guts to hurt myself. I could never put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. I am too scared.

And holding your breath until you die, doesn't work. I've tried it.

I think to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, takes A LOT of courage and bravery, and also having faith that the after life is better then what they were experiencing here.

I have never looked at it from the courage side. I just can't imagine pulling the trigger. Weak in a way, as they can not face another day, but also courage and determination to pull that trigger.

It has opened my eyes a little bit.

Maybe S. was too weak to face the world any longer.
But strong enough, mentally, to pull the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment