Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Crazies

Monday I was notified of some.. strange.. information.

Friday S's mom filed for executor of S.'s estate. Due to the fact that someone that murdered someone, can not be the executor of their victims estate.

Yes, blamed me for homicide.

I already have an attorney, who filed for me to be executor of his estate. I went in and filled out paperwork Tuesday AM, by Tuesday at 2pm, the judge granted me executor of his estate.

The judge didn't even blink a eye. I was shocked at how fast the decision came back. I was expecting it to drag on and have to go in front of a judge.

Being the wife, I am automatically the beneficiary on anything S. had.
But now it is written and filed with the courts.

I put together a list of his "assets".
2 fishing poles
1/2 of a jetski, since I own the other half.
1/2 of a couch, since I own the other half.

Yep. That's pretty much it. Most things have been sold and given away. I bought all new furniture when I moved.

The funny thing is, I was already investigated for homicide the day the police found S's body. It was quickly ruled suicide. The location S. was found at is very hard to get to. The police found only his foot prints, which is how they came up with no one else was involved.

If SHE took the time to read police reports, autopsy, and toxicology, SHE would know this. Has she bothered to ask for that information? No.

She thinks her son propped himself up under a tree on or about July 26th and shot himself.

He wasn't propped up under a tree. In fact I hiked to the mine he died at. There isn't a tree in sight. And he died on July 27th.

She doesn't even know what date her own son died on.

And now if anything pops up such as unclaimed funds, an unknown life insurance policy, all I have to do is show proof I am the executor of his estate.

Vengeance is a lazy form of grief. ~ Silvia Broome

1 comment:

  1. My MIL has not read the suicide note either. This makes me insane. I have thought about posting it to my blog, because i think she reads it now. In fact, their whole family tried for months to get the police to believe that it was homicide...even though HE LEFT A NOTE!!! WTH???

    ReplyDelete